[AT] Selling hay

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jul 22 10:32:41 PDT 2005

	Diana has a cousin near our age that still farms about 40 miles east of here and we were
talking about selling hay while sitting around the family reunion we held here last week.
He commented that he took some "junk" hay to the auction recently. I told him that I
NEVER sell junk hay. I do however sell a good bit of "economy sheep and goat" hay...   ;-
)
	That reunion helped to remind me that he and I are the only two farmers left in Diana's
and my families. It was just a few generations ago that most people farmed.Even my gg-
grandfather that was a fairly well known gunmaker farmed 400 acres near here. Another was
a cabinet maker but he also farmed. A g-grandfather followed the glass industry from Wood
county OH to Redkey in Jay County IN (Portland area) to Evansville IN then moved to
Davies County IN but he farmed too. It was not even uncommon for the doctors around here
to also farm some.
	Today I don't even have any really good friends locally that are farmers. Most of the
farmers I knew growing up have died off and the next generation just didn't farm. Kind of
sad really.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA