Right and left Hand plow [AT] Massey Pony levers

Reise David G NPRI ReiseDG at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Tue Jul 19 07:21:16 PDT 2005

They are for the number 41 left and right hand plow set up. Those are used to select and drop either the left or right hand plow.The hydraulics lift the plows and the levers which you have connect to linkage which releases one plow into furrow ..You turn around and go right back down same furrow plow flips soil in proper direction. This I think was a rather rare option, I have both plows and mounting hardware and just recently after months of looking found a very old and worn set of the levers you must have, I am going to try and rework the ones I have. This set up must have been expensive and rare as I have only seen one complete set up. Don't get rid of those I don't know if they are valuable but they are hard to get.....I live in Portsmouth Rhode Island and was told that there were a few in this area as small fields are easier to do with the two plow option.. Hope this helps  Dave Reise

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Denman [mailto:canuckiron at wightman.ca]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 10:55 PM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: [AT] Massey Pony levers

Hi Folks,

I am one of those readers/lurkers who drop on when life permits. :-)
I recently added two tractors to my growing collection, a 51 Allis CA
and a 51 Massey Pony. The pony has two leavers on the inside of the
fenders one each side. they are bolted to brackets and I have no idea
what they are for. I have described them to different collectors and a
couple have looked at them. All conclude they are for "some kind" of
implement. I have posted large jpegs on this page and would ask you to
take a look in your spare time and all opinions are welcome.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/carrotpatch/temp.html

Thanks,
Duncan

--