[AT] O.T. ATV spot sprayers

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Jul 16 13:07:24 PDT 2005

David I thought of one thing to look for.   Most of the pumps on the cheaper
spot sprayers have the pump built directly to the motor with just a gasket
or diaphram between the pump guts and the motor guts and the switch is built
right into the end of the pump.   I got lucky when I bought  mine ( I say
lucky because at the time I didn't know the difference) and got one that has
a self contained pump that attaches to the motor on a shaft just like a
bigger pump and motor would be and with the switch mounted off on the side
on a little bracket.  That is best if you can find it.

A friend of mine HAD one of the other type.  He kept round-up mixed up in
the sprayer all the time to work his fence lines.  In less than one season
the chemicals had gotten to the switching mechanism on the motor.   I took
it apart for him, cleaned it up and got it going but in just a matter of a
few days it was gone again.

Charlie
--Message -----