[AT] O/T Trying to find a good used backhoe

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 08:05:45 PDT 2005

I would stay clear of the JD 410 we had them at  ft. ord and had nothing but
trouble with them. They were in the shop more than  they were on the job.
One time the hydraulic system on one was surging awful  I found a piesce of
the hydraulic pump valve lodged in a relief valve on the  back of the tractor.
Lousy hydraulic pump on this machine also the reverser is a  big prblem its
made of Aluminum and has stell rings not a good idea.
If you  loose tranny pressure below the 250 lbs you loose hydraulic pressure
that is set  at 2500 full time. If that drops below 1500 (and it will) you
can't raise the  bucket. Not a good idea there either.
also the brakes use pressure from the  tranny reduced to about 5 lbs to keep
the system up. If the reducer valve goes  bad then you have 250 lbs at the
brak and it will wear out the brake housing  which just happens to be the tranny
case another big expence.
Hey they are  green and that should count for something.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460