[AJD] What are failed Master Brake Cylinder Symptoms?

Bruce Mahr martian at winco.net
Thu Jul 14 04:22:24 PDT 2005

Dean: If you have had the wheel cylinders replaced, then the leak apparently
would be the vacuum assist cylinder leaking into the vacuum chamber, which
would be an invisible leak. Either the master cylinder or the cylinder on
the vacuum assist needs replaced/ rebuilt. I would suspect the vacuum assist
unit if there is no indication of fluid leakage around the master
cylinder.You could check the master cylinder by unhooking the line and
plugging the cylinder to see if it pumps up and holds pressure by its self.
That would tell you what direction to go next.

Headed to the Two-Cylinder Expo!

Bruce Mahr