[AJD] Calcium Chloride in wheels, How to deal with it

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Wed Jul 13 21:21:24 PDT 2005

Over the years, we have routinely encountered calcium damage, usually in used Ford "N" series
we trade in.
We finally hit upon the absolute BEST method of dealing with chloride rot, replace the wheel.
No more problems!
Greg
other than that, I used to have the wheels dipped/sandblasted and painted them with Rustoleum
primer then JD yellow. Never had any problems

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Mon Jul 11 19:46 , 'Mitchell Daly' <md31043 at msn.com> sent:

tractor.com','','','')">antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com>