[AT] RE: Vintage tractor pulling advice

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Wed Jul 13 11:32:21 PDT 2005

A favorite scene of mine at a pull at the Nebr State Fair was when the huge,
supercharged tractors got a sled loaded with concrete blocks skewed on the
track.  They couldn't get it straightened out with tractors so they brought
in the real muscle...two huge pulling horses, who got the sled straightened
out as if they were moving a couple hay bales.  I love old tractors and have
little affection for horses, but the big draft animals really do appeal to
me.

Rog