[AT] RE: Vintage tractor pulling advice

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Jul 13 10:54:15 PDT 2005

Walt's comment about "dumping the clutch" reminded me of the old days when they pulled a
full load from a dead stop. Deeres seemed to do well then with a lot of clutch slipping.
That acrid smell of burning clutch was quite strong. Most here pulled on dirt and through
mud then. Locally they put in a concrete pad at the fairgrounds in front of the
grandstand just inside of the horse track. I think they only used it a couple of years
then nobody would pull because it cut the tires down too fast. That would have been in
the mid 1950's.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA