[AT] RE: Vintage tractor pulling advice

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 13 08:33:49 PDT 2005

Grant
One of the most impressive pulling tractors I have seen in my limited
tractor pull experience was a McCormick WD30 or 45, one of their first
diesel tractors. This one was on steel but a slight difference from yours
was that it had the steel lugs removed and a rubber tread bolted on to the
steel rims. This old slow turning diesel would spin and slip and smoke but
then resume pulling and kept going long after I expected it to stop. I don't
know if it was the track conditions or the unusual rear wheel/tire setup but
it really impressed me.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/