[AT] Vintage tractor pulling advice

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:26:38 PDT 2005

Hi all,

    I've been so busy with my teenagers that I've only been able to lurk for
the last year or so, which is kind of a bummer, but at least I'm still
keeping up with the reading - mostly... :-)

    My '27 Wallis and I have been invited out to the Purdue Agricultural
Fair on the 23rd.   Purdue is a small town about 40 miles west of Saskatoon.
   I attended their little show & shine last year (4 cars, 2 trucks, a
motorcycle and my tractor!) where I suggested that perhaps a vintage tractor
pull might draw more spectators.  Well, they took me up on it so I guess now
I have to go!

    I've never entered a tractor pull before, so I am about as green as
grass in this area.  I would sure appreciate any pointers you pulling folks
could offer.   I'm pretty sure I'll be the only steel wheeled tractor
attending - might this be a problem?  Will I wreck the track for the rest of
the pullers?  Any advice would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada

PS:  I've already got the 4" straight-pipe bolted on and it sounds very
grumpy.   When it idles, each cylinder firing makes a different exhaust note
- it's not just "like" music - it IS music!   :-)