[AT] now Powerstrokes

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 19:47:05 PDT 2005

--- charlie hill <chill8 at cox.net> wrote:

> I just wish I could figure out how to mount one of
> those radials in a hotrod
> or boat or something I know how to drive.  grins.
> Those things sure make
> some sweet noise.

Charlie and Ron, I agree 'there is no replacement for
displacement', and a big radial is sweet.  A friend of
mine has a couple of Waco's, an INF and a UPF, the INF
(a rather smaller biplane) has been repowered from a
front exhaust Kinner to a rear exhaust Kinner (these
are smaller 5 cylinder engines).  He also shied away
from the collector ring and speed ring.  Mounted a
cowl similar to a PT-22 and went with individual
stacks.  Should here that thing running, you can tell
it 3 miles away!  Very distinctive to say the least.
Not original but SWEET.   I love it!
Dave