[Farmall] Manifold Studs

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Mon Jul 11 11:22:45 PDT 2005

Folks,  The exhaust pipe (not the manifold or the muffler)  on my 1941
Farmall A broke yesterday.  It is a distallate manifold so the exhaust
pipe is not just a pipe but an $89 item from Case-IH-whaterver.   I looked
it over and it had been welded before sometime in the past 64 years.  One
stud broke and I suspect the other one is not in good shape with all the
heating and cooling over years.    I tricks I should know in trying to
loosen the bolt off the good stud....and in drilling and tapping the
broken stud out?  By the way new studs are $16 from Case-IH-whatever.

Any advice appreciated.

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240