[AT] ford fan/waterpump/belt

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 05:45:50 PDT 2005

I agree with Chris. At the New Holland dealership where I worked, I
frequently saw those pumps pulled forward and off th splined shafts for
repair work of various kinds. The only thing holding you back might be
the hoses, requiring you to drop them first. You might want to look at
the splines on the shaft while you are at it - they can get pretty badly
worn over time and not noticed.

On my Case 430CK the pump is not at all easy to remove, and the PO
pointed out to me that there is a spare belt sitting around the
hydraulic pump - he put it there the last time he had to change the fan
belt so he wouldn't have to go through the removal of the hydraulic pump
again soon. :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

   "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."
           Henri Bergson (1859-1941); French philosopher.