[AT] ford fan/waterpump/belt

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 11 04:47:15 PDT 2005

>tractor. The main question is: Is there an easy way to get a new fan belt
>on
>it? The hydraulic pump is mounted on the loader frame, but I'm not sure how
>to dissconnect it from the tractor engine. Anyone have experience with a
>similar setup? Your help is appreciated.
>Larry Mason

It's a crank mounted pump. Either it will have a splined or keyed hub/pump
drive.. or if you are lucky.. a lovejoy type connector.  Either way.. you
will have to uncouple the pump.  I'd be willing to bet the bearing has been
going in the water pump for a while.. and has now gone.. and that wobble is
what cause dthe fan to throw a blade.  You are lucky it didn't go thru the
radiator.  Fords do that from time to time.

As a last ditch effort.. if you can't uncouple the pump and ned to get back
to work after doing the water pump.. get one of those link-together belts..
most bearing/seal/belt houses sell them.. they are made from some red
'fiberglass' looking material.. come in little 1" looking pieces that
interlock together.. just buy enough pieces to link them up.. and tension.
The are 'suposed' to be ok for power belt applications.  Should work on a
water pump/fan pully ok.. no 90' off axxis direction changes, and you don't
need alot of tension on the fan belt anyway.. or you will be doing another
bearing repair on the water pump again.

good luck

Soundguy