[AJD] Plow for '35 D

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Sun Jul 10 20:20:07 PDT 2005

I have no experience plowing.  So I am at a loss as to what size plow I
should be looking for.  I want to plow under a aged fescue hay field so
I can replant with something more conducive to a quail population.
There is some top soil, but the soil? here is mostly rock with enough
clay to hold it all together.  I am located on the top of an Ozark
mountain (big hill).

What should I be looking for a two bottom or a three bottom, 14" or 16"?
I know plows have been discussed in the not too distant past on the
list, but not with respect to what a D should handle in rough soil.  It
has been stated that when you buy land in the Ozarks, you don't
necessarily get dirt with it.  Any advice as to what I should focus on?

Gary
--
In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.