[AT] JD 160 Garden tractor question

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jul 10 10:08:41 PDT 2005

Look for three or four safety switches, Ron. Transmission, clutch/brake,
seat, and PTO.  If I remember correctly, the transmission switch on that
model is that one that typically causes problems, but any one of them
can be the culprit.  It's fairly common (but not recommended) to short
out the seat switch by installing a jumper across the connector.  I
typically find this on machines that are used on hilly or exceptionally
rough ground.

Larry