[AJD] Calcium Chloride in wheels, How to deal with it

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 21:19:34 PDT 2005

I got to talking this over with my dad (35 year
Chemical Process Engineer for Boeing) and if you draw
out the chemical equations,  If you use Lye in you
solution you wind up replacing the calcium oxide with
a sodium oxide in the metal so that may not be the
greatest..   he is going to run it by some of the of
other people but so far he thinks an acid bath would
be the best way to descale and neutralize..  I'll let
you know what I wind up doing and how well it works..

           Chris