[AT] Oil Filter question

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Sat Jul 9 08:39:29 PDT 2005

Charlie:

The fellows on the Unofficial Allis Chalmers forum have hashed this out in
depth several times.  The consensus there is that the WIX filters are
unsuitable to the AC system.  AGCO even had this problem, as they were
buying their filters from WIX.  They have since switched to Fleetguard.
Other acceptable filters are the FRAM C-159, and Baldwin T300M.  In my area,
TSC stocks the FRAM, and a heavy truck parts store can get me the Baldwin.
Right now, I'm using a FRAM on my '43 C.  I believe your D-14 uses the same
filter.

Hope this helps,

Brett