[AT] Oil Filter question

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Sat Jul 9 08:49:56 PDT 2005

Charlie,
         I have been down this same road.  No oil pressure showing with the
"non-rag" filter.  I was using an AGCO, no less.  I found an old Fram
around here that I had for a Wisconsin and put that on.  Oil pressure
restored.  Then I went to my filter supplier and purchased his remaining
Wix rag filter.  Only one was left there.  Since then, 3 years ago, I
understand the filter has undergone a redesign.  I do suspect, as Bill
does, that the engine is getting oiled fine.  I think the gauge only
measures the pressure in the filter, as the dirtier the filter gets, the
higher the pressure reading.  Dumb design anyway you look at it, but it has
worked for longer than my 61 years!
         I no longer have the Allis B, but I do have a filter around here
yet.  If you were here, I would hand it to you.  Providing I could find it.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA