[AT] Oil Filter question

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Jul 9 06:56:38 PDT 2005

I have a friend with an Allis WC who inadvertently threw away the little
center pipe once when changing oil filters.  Of course the tractor did not
show oil pressure after that.  Much to my dismay, he used the tractor
(lightly, just a retired guy with a few acres, I don't think he plowed with
it or anything) for a year that way!  I finally convinced him to bring it
over so I could check it for him, I found the pipe missing and made one for
him out of a brake line.  Pressure restored.

So point being I expect the engine was getting oil all along anyway.

Will be interested in other posting about this, I've wondered what was
happening with Jerry's WC that year.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.