[AJD] Eisemann GV2Q Magneto for 1929 Deere D

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Thu Jul 7 20:45:45 PDT 2005

I hadn't thought of using the Nebraska tests as an equipment reference, but
sure enough, they show the mag, carb, air cleaner, and sometimes the clutch
of the tested machines.  I have a copy of Wendell's Nebraska Tests book, is
that the one you have?  Which tractor or test did you find the mag
referenced?  The D's I found had other mags on them, I did find Eisemann on
a couple of Allis units about 1931.

Could very well have been a mag made by an Eisenmann company, or a misprint.

With the stuff that's available on eBay I've been tracking mags the past
year or 2.  Have bought several original and aftermarket mags for JD's.
Haven't been able to bring myself to pay the price for an R2 or RV2A mag
yet.  I guess if I had the right tractor needing one of those mags I'd
probably spring for it.  I keep hoping I'll find one at a local sale and
nobody will know what it is.  Bought a nice RV2B for $35 a while back, it
cleaned right up and works great.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.