[AJD] Calcium Chloride in wheels, How to deal with it

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 22:07:21 PDT 2005

John and Steve,

   Thanks for the input.  One set of wheels are 42"
rear rims on an A,  the other are the rims on my 1950
AR.
    I was hoping that I could find something that
would react with the calcium and draw it from the
metal,  I guess I will sandblast the heck out of them
and pressure wash and prime..  I just don't like doing
things twice.   Calcium must have been cheap up here,
we have lots of rusted out wheels...

                   Chris