[Farmall] F-20 runs

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Thu Jul 7 15:23:36 PDT 2005

>************
>First of all, a ton of rust and carbon came blowing out of the stack and
>raining down on me; more than I've ever seen before.  The good news was
>that it hadn't had time to get hot.  I hate those showers of hot
>cinders!**************

Karl,
Not being able to hear or see what is happening there with that F-20, I'd
say the above paragraph describes most of the problem. I'm thinking this ol
girl needs to run for about an hour or so. It needs to get good and hot,
and work all that crud out of the cylinders, around the valve seats, and
rings and so forth. Putting it under a good load after it's warmed up for
15 minutes will help that process. Maybe pull  about 5k of dead weight down
to the pavement and back.  That should get it up to a good working
temperature, and burn out all them boogers.

bobcurrie