[AT] smoking/gas bottles

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 10:12:15 PDT 2005

	My sister-in-law who lives in southern MN had a bad one
with a propane tank for the gas grill back in the late 1980s.
She was elected to go down and get the tank filled. My brother
was probably not up to making the effort at the time. She had it
filled, put it in the back seat on the floor, and took off for
home. She was driving thru downtown where they live when the
tank blew the safety valve. Friends of mine told me she didn't
hesitate and was lucky the windows were open. She came out thru
the drivers side window like a shot, they said. They were all
laughing about it and said she didn't even touch the sides of
the window. Big ha ha but at least she thought to pop the shift
lever into neutral before she leaped. I guess it made a helluva
noise inside the car. As she is a chain smoker, I've often
wondered if she had one lit or was just plain damn lucky.

Cecil