[AT] smoking/gas bottles

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Thu Jul 7 07:03:09 PDT 2005

> Still, it is obviously unwise to have any kind of open flame in the
> vicinity of flammable liquids and gas. In another incident, a guy was
> cutting up an old tank with an oxy-acetylene torch and blew himself
> right through a brick wall when the residue of whatever had been in the
> tank exploded.

Another chuckle I got was from some firefighter friends talking about
some of the less-intelligent things they had received calls for. On one
call they ended up treating a lady who had been driving to work. She
apparently was smoking a cigarette, driving her car and doing her
hair... including spraying hairspray. Yeah, it ignited. Apparently no
major injuries were caused (wrecked a couple cars though), but you have
to wonder how.

Ken