[Farmall] F-20 runs

Ferg8n9n at aol.com Ferg8n9n at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 20:39:03 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/5/2005 12:03:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
olmstead at ridgenet.net writes:

The  second problem was that the engine runs like dog doo.  Despite my best
fiddling with the mixture and ignition advance, it ran mostly on two
cylinders.  If I backed off the throttle and then opened it wide, it  would
run on all four for an instant, while the engine caught back up to  the
governor.  Then it would drop back to two cylinders.  The  governor is also
pretty unstable, I think.

sticky dirty or rusty valves will fire under power but not idle

let it run full speed for a long time