[AT] How not to adjust your baler.

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 23:00:45 PDT 2005

Saturday we put anew main bearing in the ram on  the baler and changes the
bale legth tool for the other one on the spare parts  baler. I guess I didn't
get it correct although it baled just nice at home. when  we got to the field it
kept breaking the string so I reached under to reset the  string and then
trip the knotter. Well it seems as though the baler had a mind  of its own and it
went into knotter cylce with my arm in a bad place.  I  tell people all the
time not to do dumb thing I guess I need to listen to my own  advice. about 40
stitches later and a swollen had and I will be back going in  about 2 weeks.
I'm lucky it wasn't worse than it was. Hey take my advice shut  the dam thing
down before reaching in where you don't belong. It was about the  dumbest thing
that I have ever done. I can't blame it on old age because it was  just plain
dumb.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361