[AT] Cub Mower question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jul 4 03:45:33 PDT 2005

It is a Woods C-42. The manual is available for download at:
<http://www.woodsequipment.com/Manuals/Turf/undermount_mower.asp>

Replacement blades, if ever needed, are available from any Woods
authorized dealer.

Mike

HaliganBar at aol.com wrote:
> I gotta another Cub question...my '49 Cub has a 42" belly mower, single
> spindle that spins clockwise. The mower blades are mounted at an angle off of the
> spindle and don't look like they pivot on the ends of the mounts. They do look
> like they may "break away" if they strike something. Does anyone have an idea
> of what kind of mower this is? At first I thought it might be a C-2 but, then
> I found the Woods manuals on their web site and I'm thinking it could be a
> Woods mower. Any suggestions how to tell the difference?
>
> Regardless of the make I need to replace the blades as I think that they are
> beyond resharpening. I guess that it would also give me a chance to see how
> the blades are actually attached. (maybe they are suppose to pivot!)
>
> Thanks,
> Karl

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Politics - A strife of interests masquerading as a contest
of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. -
Ambrose Bierce