[AT] Cub observations

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 19:34:15 PDT 2005

The Cub has been home for a couple months now. I am still very happy with it
and have been pleased that it hasn't required a ton of work. I did manage to
tear a sidewall on one of the front tires. This wasn't much of a challenge
considering that you could almost see the air in the tires through the dry rot
cracks. New tires and tubes cost $45 but they still aren't mounted while I try to
get the rims sandblasted and repainted. I hope to have everything back
together by the end of the week.

After I fixed my oil pressure problem and completed the oil change I put
about a pint of MM oil in the crankcase to "help loosen things up." Well, I think
it worked. I noticed that it was smoking pretty good for the first couple
weeks or so. Tonight I noticed that it was hardly smoking at all. I hope that just
means that the rings have freed up some.

Tonight I also noticed a noise from the transmission. It goes away if I
engage the PTO and hold the clutch in....any Ideas?

Thanks,
Karl