[AT] Cub Mower question

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 19:18:40 PDT 2005

I gotta another Cub question...my '49 Cub has a 42" belly mower, single
spindle that spins clockwise. The mower blades are mounted at an angle off of the
spindle and don't look like they pivot on the ends of the mounts. They do look
like they may "break away" if they strike something. Does anyone have an idea
of what kind of mower this is? At first I thought it might be a C-2 but, then
I found the Woods manuals on their web site and I'm thinking it could be a
Woods mower. Any suggestions how to tell the difference?

Regardless of the make I need to replace the blades as I think that they are
beyond resharpening. I guess that it would also give me a chance to see how
the blades are actually attached. (maybe they are suppose to pivot!)

Thanks,
Karl