[AT] Case CC

JAHaze at aol.com JAHaze at aol.com
Sat Jul 2 19:16:06 PDT 2005

I made the trip this morning to pick up my new CC.  I think it will be quite
a bit of fun once I get a chance to drive it around.  I looked everything over
tonight, and I didn't see any unwanted surprises.  I wasn't able to get any
spark out if it, but I haven't tried to clean up the points yet, so I won't
worry too much until I can do that.  I have a feeling it's going to smoke pretty
bad when I do get it running.  The motor turns over quite easy with the crank
so I don't know how much compression it has.  Compared to my C which takes
about all I have to crank it, almost anything else seems too loose.

The tractor came with the full set of cultivators, which will look neat on it
for future shows.  It has the rear axle extensions on it that give it an
8-foot wide rear wheel width and overall it sits pretty low for a row crop tractor
giving it kind of a "sneaky" look.  The only thing I really need is a set of
fenders.  It still has the cast fender brackets on it and the adjustable front
mounting extensions to allow for fender adjustments when you move the wheels
out.  I have a feeling someone took them off to mount the cultivators, threw
them in the barn and they have long since vanished.  Overall it made for a
long, but great tractor day.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and remember those sacrifices
that were made to help keep up free to work on old tractors when we want to.

Enjoy, Joe