[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Tue Jan 25 06:03:51 PST 2005

Reminds me of one time I went to put new tires on my '98 GMC truck. It came
with some mushy P235-75-15 donuts made by General when it was new. At about
23K miles they were nearly bald and worn to the TWI's. I bought 30x9.50-15
load range D Goodyear Wranglers to replace them which just about filled the
wheelwells without rubbing. The dumb pimply faced kid at the tire store
proceeds to tell me with a very serious look on his face "You don't want to
put those tires on there - they'll make it ride like a truck!" I looked at
him and asked "Just what the Hell do you think it is?" He got kind of
red-faced and didn't say anything else until he handed me the bill. So many
people driving trucks today don't use them as trucks-they just drive them.
For me, my truck is just another tool, made to be used. If I wanted a cushy
ride I'd buy a Caddy or a Lincoln.
Mark