[AJD] Serial Number Plate

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Fri Jan 21 20:53:46 PST 2005

Tags sell on eBay regularly.  Dean's review of the issues below is a good
one.  If I had a tractor like yours and researched it to the point of
ascertaining that the tag I found was consistent with the rest of the
tractor, I expect I would affix the tag and alert any subsequent owner as
best I could.

I have a G that my dad bought new, parts were stolen a few years back,
including the tag.  I had thought when I get to restoring it I would try to
get a reproduction tag, I do know the proper serial number for this machine.
I even have the original owner's manual with the serial number in my dad's
handwriting.  I did buy a donor G a while back to provide most of what I
expect to need, but I wouldn't use the tag, I want that original number back
somehow.

Of course, if I do reproduce a tag there are now theoretically 2 tractors
running around with that serial number.  Which one is counterfeit?

B²