[AT] Tractor Magnetos

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Fri Jan 14 16:57:17 PST 2005

I just came across the deal of a life time, for me that is.
I was looking for mica or isinglass to insulate an ignitor and stumbled on a
generator and alternator shop and decided to stop and ask them. One thing
led to another and we got to bs-ing and he said he used to tinker with
magnetos and asked if I wanted to look at his stuff. I left there with my
head down as he had a complete reversible magneto tester there covered up in
junk. Thank christ I left my card there, as he called me the following day
and asked if I was interested in ALL his magneto stuff. I burnt rubber
getting there. I got the mag machine, his entire inventory of parts and 60
magnetos in one piece a couple of new ones, and probably another 20 in
pieces. Nothing real old in
the mags just recent stuff from the 40s of 50s up.
Neat huh!
Dave in Nevada