[AT] Snowblowing with the 40

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 8 13:23:53 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Snowblowing with the 40

>     Have you checked for ice or other blockage in the gas tank cap vent?
>     If it is blocked it takes a while to build a vacuum in the tank.

I had not considered the possibility of a plugged vent in the cap. Its
possible but I don't think so in this case. The cap does not seal all that
good. When the tank is full of gas I have noticed fuel leaking out of it
when operating on rough ground or side hills. Presumably this would also
allow plenty of venting in the tank.
Its snowing and a cold SE wind blowing here today and I am have not got back
to try any of these ideas but am keeping them all on file to try out if my
own ideas do not work out.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/