[AJD] 345 garden tractor

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Mon Jan 31 12:06:37 PST 2005

Yep, I know.  It is not an antique.  However, someone on this list can
help me.  This thing has the single cylinder Kawasaki engine.  It always
cranks until the battery is darn near run down before it will start.
Drives me NUTS!  Why does it have to turn over so many times?  Been that
way since new.  My dealer was no help.  Are they all like that?  If it
was a recoil start, I would have thrown it in the Missouri river a long
time ago.<g>  Anyone have anything to offer?  It is worse in cold
weather.  Maybe the choke does not completely close.  That is the only
thing I can think of to check.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA