[AT] Did the List catch the flu?

Mattias Kessén Mattias.kessen at telia.com
Sun Jan 30 13:13:50 PST 2005

In a usual sawmill everyone always saws wet/fresh lumber. Here in Sweden now the government is talking about making exceptions and allow "lakekeeping" after that hurricane struck southern Sweden. For two reasons keeping it wet and the insects away. In a chainsawmill you could saw dried lumber there you get lubrication anyway but it will be slower since most/all? wood gets harder and in the case of hardwood like oak it's possible but not preferable. There are even one advantage on some kinds of wood that really likes to bend and twist when drying.  But there are really some disadvantages like insects and that it's harder. Oh of course if you have to do alot of manual lifts and rotations etc. the dried lumber of course is lighter. During winter the logs don't dry that much but in summer...
O.k is this mailing confusing and in lack of structure? Yes but it's that timething again, got to go.

/Mattias