[AJD] 48 A Oil Filter Bowl Removal

Rev. Gerber drgerber at fuse.net
Sun Jan 30 12:26:05 PST 2005

Ron:  My B and 720 usually pop right off also.  I wrestled once with one
on a Dubuque motor, MT I think, that needed a little tap with a hammer
on the nut, and that worked.  As for the last time it was changed,
unknown.  This is a relic I bought cheap that probably has not run in 30
years.  Stuck.  Thought I would drain whatever is in there, fill it with
diesel and transmission fluid, pump PB Blaster in the cylinders, and see
if I can free it up.  Otherwise I will just tear it down and start from
scratch.  Not off to a good start when I can't get the filter off.

Dave Gerber
Pastor
Mt. Airy U.M. Church
Cincinnati, OH 45239