[AT] Loose hay/round balers

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 13:55:50 PST 2005

I have one of those chain balers...  NH 852    1982  model  and have replaced
the chain 1 time..   I  had the  bale size warning  horn off  and busted the
chains  so bad it had  to be replaced.. that was in 1986 or 87.....     busted
it  again 2 summers ago but only had to splice the thing...   so I don't
know as it  has been a problem....  they do need to be oiled.. ( I  didn't do
that to the first chain at all)    I dont think that  the chains are not any more
of a problem than  belts   at all.

I've used it enough that the  chamber is close to getting holes in the
sides...

and you have the  point right...  if the baler is in the shed you  bale when
its needed .... if I or some other  custom baler comes its when I  can get
there---- and I  have a lot of other stuff that I have to get  done.. LOL.