[AJD] My new John Deere/JD Spitfire

Christopher Lynn lynchr26 at epix.net
Fri Jan 28 07:05:49 PST 2005

At least the Spitfire does not take up much storage space and is much
lighter than other machines when it comes time to move it around. I
imagine this is also advantageous when it needs to be dug out of a
snow drift.

The attrition rate here in PA for the Deere sleds has been high, or
they just have not been discovered yet.  Every now and then one pops
up in the newspaper, or by word of mouth, but they just do not seem
as common as the other brands of the same vintage.

After hearing various stories from former local Deere sled owners
about how they used these machines when they were new or relatively
new, it's no wonder the survival rate seems low.  Or as Kyle said,
they've been beat up.  My '82 Liquifire is the epitome of beat up.

Chris