[Steam-engine] Small hand hole plates

Bob Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 28 05:47:35 PST 2005

Hi group --

The 6" scale traction engine that Dad built in the early 50's originally had
3/4" plugs for washout holes, but that was a real pain.  Took forever to
flush the mud out.  Several years later we cut a hand full of about 2-1/2"
pipe couplings in half, welded them over the small washout holes and used a
cutting torch to trim out the bottom.  That gave enough room to stick a
small firehose in there and clean out became much easier and effective.

You can view this engine at  http://www.smithmachineworks.com/

    Bob Smith

---   Avoid computer viruses, Practice safe hex  ---

-- Specializing in small, cost effective
    embedded control systems --

http://www.smithmachineworks.com/embedprod.html

Robert L. (Bob) Smith
Smith Machine Works, Inc.