[AT] Oliver 880 @ auction (hay stacking)

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Tue Jan 25 07:37:48 PST 2005

Before we got the Farmhands, Dad and Grandpa had a "Jayhawk ".
It was similar to hay hay sweep or buck rake in that it was pushed
around the field with a tractor or quite often with an old cut down
car or truck. But the Jayhawk had a large frame built so that when
you brought hay to the stack you engaged a winch connected to the
wheels and cables so the sweep raised and you could put the hay
on the top of the stack. Prior to that they used an "overshot" like
Larry talked about.

Here is a link to a photo of a Jayhawk mounted on a JD A

http://www.sparkytractor.com/images/Bowman/jayhwk.JPG