[AT] Now Trucks pulling tractors

crawler crawler at lynnet.com
Tue Jan 25 03:15:03 PST 2005

Charlie ,Those where almost the exact words my dad said. We have always been
GM in our family since in 1957 dad bought a brand new plymouth!!! He owned
it 18 mouths and it was in the shop for 11 of them!!  He sat down and wrote
the factory a 13 page letter and never got a response!!! Some he traded it
in on a brand new 59 Pontiac catlina convertable!!! Fire engine red with red
interior and a white top,had the 4 barrel engine in it and dad order
posi-traction.  To this day if i every found one like it i would trade my
first born :-). Anyway dad ran a garage and did lots of work for local Ford
dealership so he felt  he should do business with them,he had Chevy tow
truck and plow truck but wanted a 2 wheel drive pickup to drive back and
forth to the summer cottage 2 1/2 hours away up in the 1000 Islands. So it
was 1974 and he bought a 1974 F150 302 automatic brunt orange with white
stripes. Fancy hub caps,and realy not a bad looking truck. But dad  _itched
about it for 280,000 miles and only minor troubles except timing gear let
him down up to the cottage one weekend. Got in the way of his fishing that
was not Good..!!  LOL Dad ran his business 4 1/2 days a week in the spring
til fall closed friday noon and went up north and his customers got to know
it they wanted something done ,do it between Monday and Thurday. The last
three years before he retired he closed Thursday 1:00Pm. Wish i was more
like him I work almost 7 days a week and my now wife then girlfriend could
not believe it Easter Sunday mornin 7:00AM some guy knocking to buy parts
because he was broke down and needed it fix by Monday.  Gee i got ramblin
this mornin Have a great day guys...  ED
http://www.crawlerheaven.com/index.htm