[AT] Some ads from the 1.22 Lancaster Farming

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Jan 24 16:47:45 PST 2005

Ilion names their rigs based on NY guidelines.  Trucks lack pumps or
water storage. They can have plumbed lines though. Engines are Pump rigs
with minimal (under 1000 gallons) of water on board. Tankers are rigs
carrying 1000 gallons and up (one outfit in the next county has an ex
fuel tanker converted to haul water). Cars are usually Chief vehicles OR
rapid response for medics. There are about 5 others as well.

Yep that retired truck 1 is LOTS of fun in a breeze. That is a 100'
bucket with a 4" waterline on it. It couldn't be moved when the
waterline was filled, since that was real close to overload. I have been
in it twice. The retired Engine 2 has been resurrected as our Engine
156. Their new chief decided they were all antiques that had too many
lights.

http://cnyfiretrucks.com/uv/vh.html
These are the toys I get to play with. There are two missing though.
Engine 159 and Rescue 507. 159 is a true classic, 1959 Ford Chassis with
a Hale pump on it. That thing is a beast. We have to run it at idle to
pass the pump test, any faster and it runs to high to test at rating.
Rescue 507 is a 1975 Chevy van that we use to haul gear. Rescue 526 is
an ex Ilion ambulance that was replaced with their 626. Nothing wrong
with it but they decided they had lots of spare money. So they sold us
some rigs.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York