[AT] Cub Low Boy 154's

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Mon Jan 24 09:48:32 PST 2005

On 24 Jan 2005 at 10:56, Steve W. wrote:

> Around here a Low-Boy in useable condition with the three point would
> sell around 1200-1500. They are a nice tractor BUT they are underpowered
> for heavy use.
>
> Steve Williams
> Near Cooperstown, New York

	They are not under powered for what they were designed to do they are just
under powered for what we try to do with them...  :-)
	Anyone that came to CUB Fest 2004saw Cubs turning soil at a fairly rapid
ground speed. Also pulling some good sized loads on the sled. Can one do the
same work that my Deere 4020 will? Of course not. That expectation would be
silly. They were originally designed to pull a small one bottom plow (which
they do nicely) and to pull a trailer or maybe a sickle bar mower or special
small manure spreader or a one row cultivator. All of those jobs they do well.
Those hard pulling rotary mowers came along long after the original design was
made for the CUB (and other little tractors like it and the Allis G or a MH
Pony or a Deere L or several others). These were designed for truck patches and
small tobacco patches etc. Used with the implements that they were designed to
operate their durability was simply amazing. I believe it was George Willer
that commented that they were originally designed to replace one mule.

--
farmer, Esq.
      Wealth beyond belief, just no money...

Francis Robinson