[AT] OT: Weather ramble-Plow vs. bucket

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 23 20:26:25 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <HaliganBar at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT: Weather ramble-Plow vs. bucket

> My second thought is to build a snow bucket for winter use. I'd make it 6
1/2
> or 7 feet wide. Maybe use some expanded metal on the upper parts to save
> weight and would probably be a lot of fun to fabricate. The only down side
would
> be moving the wet, heavy snow we somtimes get.
>
> So, what do you guys think..plow or big bucket?
> Karl

I've got an 8 foot blade on the big tractor, a 7 foot on the smaller one and
a 5 foot front end loader on the smallest. Your right, a bucket is not great
for cleaning up a big area. Even the small 8 foot blades are slow enough.
One idea I had in mind to try sometime was to adapt the 8 foot dozer blade
so it would just attach onto the front end loader booms instead of the
bucket. It would have the advantage of a much higher lift than the
conventional dozer blade on the push bar which could make for some high snow
piles. I have a feeling though that the slow hydraulics combined with
inadequate rear weight on the Massey Super 90 would limit my capacity quite
a bit. I think I will just stay with what I have for now.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/