[AJD] JD 430U reverser/PTO

Bill Maki wrmaki at cfw.com
Sun Jan 23 05:14:18 PST 2005

Don,

My 1959 430T has two drive shafts, one inside the other and a two stage
clutch.  Push the clutch pedal half way down and the transmission
disengages, push the pedal all the way down and the pto disengages.  I
don't have the reverser on mine but my sense is the transmission and pto
operate independently of each other with the reverser affecting only the
transmission.  I'd hate to see the results of a pto reversing while
under load.

Bill Maki
Waynesboro, VA