[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now Power King

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jan 21 06:34:54 PST 2005

They were built like a tank, Herb.  As a result the selling price was
always high, but as I understand it the family got in a squabble about
merchandising.  It was sold/merged/traded/gobbled up (choose one) by
another company, farmed out to still a third manufacturing service, and
then just kind of quit.  I'm not sure what the real financial situation
of the company was.  At the end of production, Snapper was trying to
merchandise them as the top end of their line.  The last year or so you
could get the tractor in either orange or red with either the Power King
or Snapper decals on the hood.

There are around 1000 collectors in the US and we keep each other in
touch with equipment, replacement parts, literature, etc.  And now,
we've started to make a concerted effort to make our presence known at
various tractor shows.

I've owned somewhere around 20 in the last ten years or so, and the
local repair shops know that I work on them, so I get most of the repair
work in the region.

Nice tractors -- live pto, live hydraulics with down pressure, Cat. "0"
three-point, etc.  I did a "from the frame up" restoration of SN 191
(1947 model) last year, and have started hitting the show circuit.

I happen to have three for sale right now if you're interested.

Larry