[AT] Was Serious Restoration Now philosophy

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Jan 20 07:45:45 PST 2005

ECO's (engineering change orders) will absolutely make you tear your
hair out in a restoration or even on a simple repair of currently
stocked equipment.  I bought a replacement U-joint for the PTO on my
Kubota tractor.  Nobody had a record of the fact that the company had
changed the sizes of the bearings.  Bottom line: a new U-joint required
two new yokes.

On the Power King tractors I love and work on all the time, an ECO came
along almost at the end of the company's existence that requires you to
reverse the positions of the clutch plates in the drive line.  Bottom
line: you have to replace all the plates (even though only one of them
is bad) and they have to be assembled differently than when you take the
assembly apart.  That's not an easy concept to get across to all the
collectors.

Larry