[AJD] Delayed posts, but credit to Spencer

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 07:59:49 PST 2005

Guy and Duane,

I suspect that between his e-mail filters (to prevent spam), firewalls
(to prevent hackers), and anti-virus (to prevent crashing) software
running in union to both receive and repost messages between (what is
it, 8?) message groups, this is the reason for the large slow down.  If
he only has one server and not a commercial internet connection, his
CPU is probably running 100% most of the time and his bandwidth to and
from his ISP is probably maxed out.

I'm amazed at how great and professional of a job he has been able to
do without charging or receiving money from external sponsors.  It's
better than snail mail and long-distance phone calls...

Steve